In conjunction with a review of the book, Cary Tennis reads aloud from "Surrealist Love Poems," a collection of short works by such major figures in the early 20th century avant-garde movement as André Breton, Robert Desnos, Paul Eluard and others, translated by Mary Ann Caws.
The poems are as follows:
1. Andre Breton, "Free Union"
2. Jacques-Bernard Brunius, "I Love"
3. Robert Desnos, "Oh Pangs of Love!"
4. Robert Desnos, "Never Anyone But You"
5. Paul Eluard, "The Earth is Blue Like an Orange"