Choosing the best recipe from "Kill It and Grill It" is not an easy task. There is the "Bubble Bean Piranha à la Colorado Moose," dubbed the official "primo-extremo brew" of "Nugent Whackmaster Headquarters" since 1968. There is the Filetmaster's Fresh Fish Fry, said to be a favorite of Aerosmith's Joe Perry and Steven Tyler, which comes with the advice, "consenting adults would do much better to dine nekkid." There is Pheasant Chow Mein, Sweet and Sour Antelope, and Barbequed Black Bear. But the house recipe for Tribe Nuge has got to be the Ted Nugent Essence of Life Gonzo Recipe. It's the Betty Crocker Basic Baking Mix for the tribal hunter within.
Ted Nugent Essence of Life Gonzo Recipe
1) Go hunting, breathe deep, feel the air, take the Spirit inside, and kill a critter.
2) Remove the hair. Immediately clean and cool the carcass. Butcher flesh into family-size portions.
3) Start fire. Heat good fresh vegetable oil to boiling point in an iron skillet.
4) Fill zipbag with flour, salt and pepper, and good seasoning mixture. Add small, manageable chunks of meat; shake and slide coated pieces into hot oil to sizzle.
5) As brown crust forms on edges, remove onto paper towel. Salivate. Surround yourself with family and friends. Put on plates next to smashed potatoes with skins on. Cut, eat, grin, sip Vernor's Ginger Ale, burp, enjoy.