OK, some updates on the bailout bill failure:
- The final vote is now, with but a handful of switches, 228 no, 205 yes.
- Pelosi and Hoyer had serious defections: 95 Democrats voted no, whereas only 65 Republicans defected from their party's majority to vote aye. Clearly, the Democrats wouldn't need a single one of those Republicans if they had party unity.
- Looks like a lot of frosh Democrats (Altmire, Pa.; Boyda, Kan.; Gillibrand, N.Y.; Edwards, Md.) voted no.
- Also hard not to notice these two names back-to-back: Tom and Mark Udall, both voting no and both seeking Senate victories in five weeks.
- Update: Also many CHC or CBC Democrats voting against, including the Sanchez sisters and John Salazar, and African-American Dems like Clay, Cummings, Jackson-Lee, among others. Other newbies voting against are Hodes and Shea-Porter, N.H.; Shuler, N.C.; and Yarmuth, Ky. I'm sure I am missing others, and other trends, but just scanning as quickly as possible.