You've heard of rapid response and rebuttal, right?
Well, 90 minutes before tonight's debate was slated to begin the Obama campaign sent out a "pre-buttal" of 16 points that John McCain might make tonight.
Damn: That's what I call (p)rapid (p)response.
I won't provide the text and details (all with accompanying sources or links) of the prebuttals, but here are the 16 arguments or charges the Obama campaign has either anticipated McCain might make, or made in the previous debate:
- OBAMA VOTED TO RAISE TAXES 94 TIMES
- OBAMA WILL RAISE TAXES ON SMALL BUSINESSES
- OBAMA VOTED FOR THE LARGEST TAX INCREASE IN HISTORY
- OBAMA SAID SUBPRIME LOANS WERE “A GOOD IDEA”
- OBAMA IS “PALLING AROUND” WITH TERRORISTS
- OBAMA SAID OUR TROOPS IN AFGHANISTAN ARE JUST BOMBING VILLAGES AND KILLING CIVILIANS
- OBAMA OPPOSES CLEAN COAL
- OBAMA VOTED TO RAISE TAXES ON THOSE MAKING $42,000 A YEAR
- OBAMA’S TAX PLAN WILL RAISE TAXES
- OBAMA HAS NOT LED ON FINANCIAL CRISIS
- MCCAIN A LEADER IN EFFORT TO REFORM FANNIE AND FREDDIE
- OBAMA’S PLAN WOULD ADD ALMOST A TRILLION IN NEW SPENDING AND INCREASE DEFICITS
- OBAMA WANTS A GOVERNMENT-RUN, SINGLE PAYER HEALTH CARE SYSTEM
- MCCAIN HEALTH CARE PLAN DOES NOT INCLUDE TAX INCREASE
- MCCAIN’S HEALTH CARE PLAN WILL REDUCE COSTS
- OBAMA VOTED TO CUT OFF FUNDING FOR THE TROOPS
With four weeks to go, Obama's campaign is hitting on all cylinders right now.
Update: Some readers asked for a link to the rebuttals and links. It came as an email, so there is no link.
Update to update: Ok, chill out. I emailed the Obama campaign and, talk about fast, they replied in four minutes with a link to their website that includes all the rebuttal answers and links. Here you go.