Compiled by Salon staff, a short list of upcoming works to keep your eye on.
- The Harvard Psychedelic Club by Don Lattin
A history of the four people (Timothy Leary, Ram Dass, Huston Smith, Andrew Weil) who helped launch America's 1960s drug and sexual revolution.
- Star: How Warren Beatty Seduced America by Peter Biskind
Vanity Fair contributor on the politically savvy and exacting actor (who also seduced Julie Christie, Natalie Wood and Madonna).
- You Are Not a Gadget: A Manifesto by Jaron Lanier
A Silicon Valley pioneer on why the Web hasn't lived up to its potential.
- Game Change: Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the Race of a Lifetime by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin
Heavyweight political writers from New York magazine and Time magazine take on the 2008 election.
- Freefall: America, Free Markets, and the Sinking of the World Economy by Joseph E. Stiglitz
Nobelist explains how America screwed up the world economy -- and how we can fix it.
- Daring Young Men: The Heroism and Triumph of the Berlin Airlift -- June 1948-May 1949 by Richard Reeves
Columnist and presidential biographer on one of the pivotal moments of the Cold War.
- The Language of Life: DNA and the Revolution in Personalized Medicine by Francis S. Collins
The new head of the National Institute of Health on what genetics will do for medicine.
- Just Kids by Patti Smith
The music legend about bohemian life in New York City in the '60s -- and her friendship with Robert Mapplethorpe.
- Noah's Compass by Anne Tyler
The author of "The Accidental Tourist" writes about a retired teacher and father of three grown daughters as he contemplates the end of his life.
- Wild Child and Other Stories by T.C. Boyle
From the author of "World's End," a new collection of stories.
- Fun With Problems by Robert Stone
From the National Book Award-winning author of "Dog Soldiers," a new collection about addiction, sex and violence.
- Ordinary Thunderstorms by William Boyd
The latest from the praised author of "Restless."