- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 pound frozen peas (preferably not petite peas)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent but not browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the mint and peas and cook until the peas begin to lose their frosty tinge. Add the water, cover, and simmer until the peas are army green, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor, add the butter and salt and pepper to taste, and process to just shy of smooth. Serve hot.