Amazingly delicious mushy peas recipe
June 3, 2010 6:04PM (UTC)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 pound frozen peas (preferably not petite peas)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent but not browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the mint and peas and cook until the peas begin to lose their frosty tinge. Add the water, cover, and simmer until the peas are army green, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor, add the butter and salt and pepper to taste, and process to just shy of smooth. Serve hot.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
Notes on cocktail camp
"The Hot Zone" has viral potential
Quentin Tarantino's artful pulp
Good Boys: Powerfully mature for its age
Why the data says Joe Biden would lose
Trump reopens "longline" fishing
Trump's mental state is an "emergency"
Why corporations can legally poison us