(Tracy Hebden Lrps)
Basic red wine vinaigrette recipe
June 3, 2010 9:04PM (UTC)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch sugar, optional, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup canola oil (or mix of canola and extra-virgin olive oil)
- Combine everything but the oil and sugar in a bowl and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Taste the vinegar mixture. It will be sour, but if it feels harsh, add a pinch of sugar.
- Whisk the vinegar vigorously and pour the oil in thin stream. Alternatively, shake it all together in a jar with a lid, or zap it all in a blender or food processor.
- The vinaigrette will eventually separate; just re-whisk or shake before using.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
How Trump serves Putin's interests
Notes on cocktail camp
"Stranger Things" is not an '80s parable
"Pose" and the home of the brave
Trump's mental state is an "emergency"
Queer Eye for a purity culture survivor
Trump reopens "longline" fishing