Sloppy sauce working its magic
Sloppy Sauce (tahini with almond and garlic) recipe
June 9, 2010 8:10PM (UTC)
Makes about 1/2 cup
- 1 Tbsp miso (any type)
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2" ginger, grated
- juice of 1 lemon
- water, as needed
- handful minced scallions and/or cilantro (optional)
- Mix together the miso, tahini, and almond butter until well combined. Stir in the garlic and ginger, then the lemon juice.
- Add water, a little at a time, until it reaches a thick-but-pourable consistency (~1/4+ cup). Stir in the scallions and/or cilantro, if using.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Pour over whatever hippie concoction you desire. The sauce will thicken upon standing, so just stir in a little additional water or lemon juice to loosen leftovers.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
"Game of Thrones" end was nearly perfect
"Bernadette" and female creative genius
Kwame Onwuachi’s culinary comeback story
Nobody needs "The McLaughlin Group" now
Limbaugh: Attacks on Obama were "bogus"
Why the data says Joe Biden would lose
Trump's mental state is an "emergency"
Why corporations can legally poison us