Tim Love's Love burger recipe
June 10, 2010 10:11PM (UTC)
- 10 ounces sirloin steak tips
- 10 ounces beef brisket, trimmed of fat and cut into small chunks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices American cheese
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- Bread and butter pickles
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3/4 ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 fresh Serrano chili
- 1/4 cup bread and butter pickle chips
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Splash white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons game rub spice blend (see recipe above)
- In a food processor, combine the sirloin and brisket. Pulse until ground. Transfer the meat to a large bowl. Add the salt and pepper, then gently mix. Divide the meat and form into 4 equal patties.
- Lightly toast the hamburger buns, then set aside.
- Grill the patties for 2 1/2 minutes per side for medium. During the final minute of grilling, top each burger with a slice of cheese.
- To assemble the burgers, top each bun bottom with a burger, lettuce, tomato slices and pickles.
- Spread a generous amount of Love Sauce over the top half of the bun, then set it over the burger.
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- n a food processor, combine the chili and pickles. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until well mixed. Set aside.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
"Big Little Lies" has lost its spark
Billy Crudup on not playing "shattered"
Shrink's orders: Pet the dog
"Stranger Things" is not an '80s parable
Mitch takes big money from Wall Street
Trump's mental state is an "emergency"
Why corporations can legally poison us
Why the data says Joe Biden would lose