- 10 ounces sirloin steak tips
- 10 ounces beef brisket, trimmed of fat and cut into small chunks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices American cheese
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- Bread and butter pickles
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3/4 ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 fresh Serrano chili
- 1/4 cup bread and butter pickle chips
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Splash white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons game rub spice blend (see recipe above)
- In a food processor, combine the sirloin and brisket. Pulse until ground. Transfer the meat to a large bowl. Add the salt and pepper, then gently mix. Divide the meat and form into 4 equal patties.
- Lightly toast the hamburger buns, then set aside.
- Grill the patties for 2 1/2 minutes per side for medium. During the final minute of grilling, top each burger with a slice of cheese.
- To assemble the burgers, top each bun bottom with a burger, lettuce, tomato slices and pickles.
- Spread a generous amount of Love Sauce over the top half of the bun, then set it over the burger.
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- n a food processor, combine the chili and pickles. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until well mixed. Set aside.