Chocolate rum balls recipe
June 22, 2010 5:01AM (UTC)
- 1 (12 oz) box Vanilla wafer cookies, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup 10x powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup rum (dark rum, spiced rum, light rum, flavored rum...any kind you like)
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- More powdered sugar or cocoa for dusting
- Crush cookies and nuts with food processor.
- Combine with powdered sugar and cocoa, then add rum and corn syrup. Stir until smooth.
- Shape dough into one-inch balls and roll in powdered sugar or cocoa.
- Store in an airtight container for 2 or 3 days before serving to develop flavor.
- Just before serving, roll in powdered sugar or cocoa again.
- Serve with milk, coffee, or your favorite rum punch (if you want a double hit). Good friends and laughter are good accompaniments, too.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
Leaning in or out? There's a third way
Billy Crudup on not playing "shattered"
Yes, it's time to impeach: But why?
"GLOW" shows the working woman's gamble
Why corporations can legally poison us
Trump's mental state is an "emergency"
Trump reopens "longline" fishing
Why the data says Joe Biden would lose