(Makes 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice (preferably freshly squeezed)
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 12-ounce package of fresh cranberries (3 cups)
- 1 orange, zested
- In a medium pot, over medium-high heat, add juice, Grand Marnier, brown sugar, cinnamon and clove. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add cranberries and zest, and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, until all of the cranberries have exploded (it's like popping popcorn). Stir occasionally to help break the berries.
- 4. Allow to cool and serve.