Instant apple crisp recipe
June 24, 2010 5:24AM (UTC)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 apples, peeled, cored and sliced finely
- 3 ounces of Calvados (a French apple brandy), or Apple Jack (the American version), or any brandy or dark rum
- 1 cup premium granola
- 1 quart frozen vanilla yogurt or ice cream
- In a sauté pan, over medium-high heat, melt butter and brown sugar. Stir constantly until the sugar is totally melted.
- Add apples and stir for three minutes, or until soft and lightly browned.
- Add granola and toss for 1 more minute
- Pour in Calvados, let sit for 10 seconds, then ignite with a match. Stand back! Flame should burn out after 10 seconds. If it continues to burn, put a lid on it.
- Serve immediately over frozen yogurt.
Note: Once granola has been added, don't take any timeouts, or the granola will lose its crunch
Bob Blumer (aka the Surreal Gourmet) hosts his own program on the Food Channel.
Gourmet's Web Site is located at http://surrealgourmet.com.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
Selfies: More than meets the eye
The politics of Important TV
Yes, it's time to impeach: But why?
"Stranger Things" is not an '80s parable
Why the data says Joe Biden would lose
Limbaugh: Attacks on Obama were "bogus"
Why corporations can legally poison us
Trump's mental state is an "emergency"