- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 apples, peeled, cored and sliced finely
- 3 ounces of Calvados (a French apple brandy), or Apple Jack (the American version), or any brandy or dark rum
- 1 cup premium granola
- 1 quart frozen vanilla yogurt or ice cream
- In a sauté pan, over medium-high heat, melt butter and brown sugar. Stir constantly until the sugar is totally melted.
- Add apples and stir for three minutes, or until soft and lightly browned.
- Add granola and toss for 1 more minute
- Pour in Calvados, let sit for 10 seconds, then ignite with a match. Stand back! Flame should burn out after 10 seconds. If it continues to burn, put a lid on it.
- Serve immediately over frozen yogurt.
Note: Once granola has been added, don't take any timeouts, or the granola will lose its crunch