Frozen banana daquiri recipe
June 25, 2010 7:25AM (UTC)
(Makes a blenderful)
- 3 bananas, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar (brown sugar if possible)
- 6 ounces amber rum (or, ideally, Myers' dark rum)
- 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish glasses with a banana slice (skin on) and serve immediately.
Le Secret: Use fruit in its ripest state to benefit from its high natural sugar content.
Storage Note: Store leftovers (ha!) in the freezer. Then give them a quick blend to bring them back to life.
Like a Virgin: Let the kids join the adults by making them their own blenderful -- sans alcohol.
Bob Blumer (aka the Surreal Gourmet) hosts his own program on the Food Channel.
Gourmet's Web Site is located at http://surrealgourmet.com.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
Leaning in or out? There's a third way
"Stranger Things" is not an '80s parable
"Game of Thrones" end was nearly perfect
Don't trash the best part of the melon
Why corporations can legally poison us
Trump's mental state is an "emergency"
Why the data says Joe Biden would lose
Mitch takes big money from Wall Street