Fruit and yogurt smoothie recipe
June 25, 2010 7:25AM (UTC)
(Makes 2 smoothies)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches or mango
- 1 cup plain, low-fat yogurt (don't pour off the liquid that floats on top, it contains nutrients)
- 1 tablespoon honey, or to taste
- 1/2 cup orange juice (ideally fresh squeezed)
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and liquefy on high speed until smooth.
- Garnish with a banana slice (skin on) and serve immediately.
Le Secret: For the sweetest, most satisfying drink, use fresh fruit at its peak of ripeness.
The Adventure Club: Add extra fun to the experience by buying flexible straws.
Bob Blumer (aka the Surreal Gourmet) hosts his own program on the Food Channel.
Gourmet's Web Site is located at http://surrealgourmet.com.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
A horror comic for the Trump era
Nobody needs "The McLaughlin Group" now
Notes on cocktail camp
"GLOW" shows the working woman's gamble
Mitch takes big money from Wall Street
Why corporations can legally poison us
Trump's mental state is an "emergency"
Why the data says Joe Biden would lose