Oysters with creamy leeks recipe
June 25, 2010 6:25AM (UTC)
- 1 leek, pale green section only, washed thoroughly and diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 oysters in their shells
- 1 tablespoon of whipping cream
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper (no salt is necessary because of natural saltiness)
- Over medium-high heat, melt butter in a saute pan and cook leeks for approximately three minutes until they barely begin to brown.
- Heat a second pan over high heat. Open oysters. When the pan is very hot, add the oyster meat and juices. Cook oysters for 10 seconds a side, then remove with a fork and replace in their shells.
- Add cream, pepper and sauteed leeks to the remaining juices, stir, then spoon a teaspoon over each oyster. Serve immediately.
Le Secret: The fresher the oysters, the tastier.
Notes: Do not eat oysters that are more than 3 days old. Do not eat oysters if their shells are even slightly opened.
Bob Blumer (aka the Surreal Gourmet) hosts his own program on the Food Channel.
Gourmet's Web Site is located at http://surrealgourmet.com.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
I don't want to be quiet about abuse now
Brian Banks, the man behind the movie
A horror comic for the Trump era
Life in a "Dopesick" country
Trump reopens "longline" fishing
Queer Eye for a purity culture survivor
Trump's mental state is an "emergency"