- 1 leek, pale green section only, washed thoroughly and diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 oysters in their shells
- 1 tablespoon of whipping cream
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper (no salt is necessary because of natural saltiness)
- Over medium-high heat, melt butter in a saute pan and cook leeks for approximately three minutes until they barely begin to brown.
- Heat a second pan over high heat. Open oysters. When the pan is very hot, add the oyster meat and juices. Cook oysters for 10 seconds a side, then remove with a fork and replace in their shells.
- Add cream, pepper and sauteed leeks to the remaining juices, stir, then spoon a teaspoon over each oyster. Serve immediately.
Le Secret: The fresher the oysters, the tastier.
Notes: Do not eat oysters that are more than 3 days old. Do not eat oysters if their shells are even slightly opened.