- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1 leek (pale green section only) halved lengthwise, washed thoroughly, then quartered
- 1 14-ounce can chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Trim the artery-like stems that shoot off the top of the fennel bulb. Discard. Then cut fennel in half and cut out the core. Discard. Slice remaining fennel into 1-inch slices.
- In a medium-sized pot over high heat, add fennel, leek, stock and salt
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let cool, discard juices, then puree in a food processor.
- Use cheesecloth or a sieve to drain excess liquids.