Pureed fennel and leeks recipe
June 27, 2010 2:27AM (UTC)
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1 leek (pale green section only) halved lengthwise, washed thoroughly, then quartered
- 1 14-ounce can chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Trim the artery-like stems that shoot off the top of the fennel bulb. Discard. Then cut fennel in half and cut out the core. Discard. Slice remaining fennel into 1-inch slices.
- In a medium-sized pot over high heat, add fennel, leek, stock and salt
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let cool, discard juices, then puree in a food processor.
- Use cheesecloth or a sieve to drain excess liquids.
Bob Blumer (aka the Surreal Gourmet) hosts his own program on the Food Channel.
Gourmet's Web Site is located at http://surrealgourmet.com.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
"The Hot Zone" has viral potential
"Big Little Lies" has lost its spark
On parade at West Point 50 years later
How this lawyer turned troll-fighter
Why the data says Joe Biden would lose
Trump's mental state is an "emergency"
Trump reopens "longline" fishing
Why corporations can legally poison us