- 12 ounces salmon fillet
- 3/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- Cut salmon into 4 circles.
- Place the circles in a bowl or plastic bag with maple syrup and soy sauce and marinate in your refrigerator for a full day. (If this is not possible, a couple of hours will do.)
- Remove from marinade, pat down each fillet with pepper and place on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 500 degrees for 8 minutes. The high heat will cause the caramelizing maple syrup to smoke -- this is a good thing.