- 1 pound fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 leek, pale green section only, halved lengthwise, washed thoroughly, then diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove stems, then wash spinach thoroughly. Shake off excess water, but do not dry.
- In a non-aluminum pot, over medium heat, add oil, garlic and leek.
- Stir until leeks and garlic become translucent.
- Add spinach and cover pot. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until spinach has completely wilted.
- Let cool, squeeze out all liquids, then purée in a food processor
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg.