Spinach and leek mash recipe
June 27, 2010 2:27AM (UTC)
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 leek, pale green section only, halved lengthwise, washed thoroughly, then diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove stems, then wash spinach thoroughly. Shake off excess water, but do not dry.
- In a non-aluminum pot, over medium heat, add oil, garlic and leek.
- Stir until leeks and garlic become translucent.
- Add spinach and cover pot. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until spinach has completely wilted.
- Let cool, squeeze out all liquids, then purée in a food processor
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
Brian Banks, the man behind the movie
"Stranger Things" is not an '80s parable
Nobody needs "The McLaughlin Group" now
"The Hot Zone" has viral potential
Trump reopens "longline" fishing
Trump's mental state is an "emergency"
Queer Eye for a purity culture survivor