(Makes approximately 6 servings.)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup best-available olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 garlic clove
- Combine all the ingredients except garlic with a whisk.
- Rub the cut side of the garlic clove thoroughly around the inside of a wooden salad bowl. (Note: this will only use up a small portion of the clove.) If you are using a glass or ceramic bowl, the surface will be too smooth to attract the garlic. In this case mince 1/4 to 1/2 of a clove and add it directly to the dressing.