June 27, 2010 10:28PM (UTC)
(Serving size: Approximately 2 ounces of baby greens per person)
Throw together any combination from one or more of the following categories. Experiment with different mixes, letting your taste buds be the judge.
- Chevre (goat cheese), crumbled or warmed
- Blue cheese, crumbled
- Imported Italian Reggiano Parmesan, shaved
- Asiago, grated or shaved
Nuts & Seeds
- Sunflower seeds, toasted
- Pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Pecans, toasted
- Walnuts, toasted
- Pine nuts, toasted
- Yellow or red cherry tomatoes
- Fennel, thinly sliced (sautéed, if you like)
- Wild mushrooms (sautéed if you like)
- Herbed croutons
- Leek, white and pale green part only, thinly sliced or shredded, thoroughly washed, then sautéed in butter or oil over medium-high heat until crisp
- Garlic cloves, thinly sliced and sautéed in butter or oil over medium heat until golden brown
- Chives, finely diced
- Fresh mint or basil leaves
Bob Blumer (aka the Surreal Gourmet) hosts his own program on the Food Channel.
Gourmet's Web Site is located at http://surrealgourmet.com.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
The politics of Important TV
"Stranger Things" is not an '80s parable
Nobody needs "The McLaughlin Group" now
"Big Little Lies" has lost its spark
Trump's mental state is an "emergency"
Why the data says Joe Biden would lose
Limbaugh: Attacks on Obama were "bogus"
Why corporations can legally poison us