- One 12-ounce bag of frozen raspberries, thawed, or two cups of fresh raspberries
- Two tablespoons of confectionery (icing) sugar
- One empty bottle of Heinz ketchup (optional)
- Place raspberries in a blender or food processor and puree (add a few tablespoons of water or lemon juice, if necessary, to facilitate blending).
- Add sugar, one teaspoon at a time, to taste -- until tartness is gone.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer (known in cooking circles as a sieve) or a piece of cheesecloth, to remove all of the seeds. Then transfer to the ketchup bottle. (I like to place the bottle on the table and let my guests serve themselves.)