- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped as finely as possible
- 10 cloves garlic, diced finely
- 5 medium shallots, diced finely
- 2 cups lightly packed Italian parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 orange, finely zested (use zest only)
- 1 lemon, finely zested (use zest only)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 4 servings of pasta (I use fresh angel hair pasta -- but then, I use it for almost every sauce)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a sauté pan, over medium-high heat, add 4 tablespoons of the olive oil. Once oil is hot, add walnuts, garlic and shallots. Sauté for approximately 10 minutes, or until garlic and shallots are a light gold color (about the same shade as the walnuts).
- Add parsley, zest, pepper and remaining oil. Sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Cook pasta according to directions. When pasta is cooked, drain quickly but DO NOT SHAKE OUT EXCESS WATER, and return wet pasta to the sauté pan. Toss thoroughly in pan.
- Serve in warmed bowls and top with parmesan cheese and a sprig of Italian parsley.