- 1 pint plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled and seeded
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Coarsely grate the cucumber and toss it with the salt. Place it in a sieve, and allow it to drain for an hour or more.
- Squeeze out as much liquid from the cucumber as you can.
- Add the cucumber to the yogurt.
- Mix in the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, dill, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Chill for several hours in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to blend and for the sauce to thicken.
- Serve as a sauce with Opa! Salon Hot Dogs or as a dip with pita bread or pita chips.