June 29, 2010 7:01PM (UTC)
- 1 pint plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled and seeded
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Coarsely grate the cucumber and toss it with the salt. Place it in a sieve, and allow it to drain for an hour or more.
- Squeeze out as much liquid from the cucumber as you can.
- Add the cucumber to the yogurt.
- Mix in the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, dill, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Chill for several hours in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to blend and for the sauce to thicken.
- Serve as a sauce with Opa! Salon Hot Dogs or as a dip with pita bread or pita chips.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
Life in a "Dopesick" country
The personal politics of fried chicken
"Stranger Things" is not an '80s parable
The false gospel of the American Dream
Why corporations can legally poison us
Trump reopens "longline" fishing
Trump's mental state is an "emergency"