- 2 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- Place unopened cans of sweetened condensed milk in a pot with enough water to cover the cans.
- Bring the water slowly to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer and let cook, covered, for 3-4 hours.
- Check occasionally to make sure the cans remain covered with water. Top off with more water as needed.
- Cool the cans before opening.
- Be careful! Make sure the cans are always covered with water, and that the hot water bath is simmering slowly to avoid the risk of the cans exploding.