July 13, 2010 5:01AM (UTC)
- 2 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- Place unopened cans of sweetened condensed milk in a pot with enough water to cover the cans.
- Bring the water slowly to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer and let cook, covered, for 3-4 hours.
- Check occasionally to make sure the cans remain covered with water. Top off with more water as needed.
- Cool the cans before opening.
- Be careful! Make sure the cans are always covered with water, and that the hot water bath is simmering slowly to avoid the risk of the cans exploding.
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address