German potato salad recipe
July 19, 2010 2:19AM (UTC)
- 3 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed, cut in half
- 6-8 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 6 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced fresh, flat parsley
- 3 teaspoons dried dill weed
- Equal amounts of mayonnaise and sour cream, to taste
- Horseradish to taste
- Dijon Mustard to taste
- Yellow mustard to taste
- Salt, freshly ground pepper.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender. Drain, and cool.
- Cut the potatoes into bite sized pieces. Not too small or you’ll end up with potato salad puree. (I leave the peel on ... no need to remove the red.)
- Place potatoes in a large mixing bowl with celery, diced eggs, diced red onion, parsley, cucumber, and dill. Toss.
- Mix equal parts of mayo and sour cream (can substitute lite sour cream). Add horseradish, Dijon mustard, and yellow mustard.
- Toss dressing with potatoes until you have reached the correct unctuousness. Until it’s juicy but not dripping or soggy.
- Best if it chills for at least an hour before serving.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
How Fox News sustains the Trump myth
"Game of Thrones" end was nearly perfect
The bloody, beautiful end of "Fleabag"
Things "Game of Thrones" did for love
Why Sarah Sanders must go
Trump won't appoint to UN racism panel
Law demands Trump to turn over his taxes
Democrats: Want four more years of this?
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address