July 19, 2010 1:19AM (UTC)
Makes about 1/2 cup
- 1 Tbsp miso (any type)
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2" piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- juice of 1 lemon
- water, as needed
- handful minced scallions and/or cilantro (optional)
- Mix together the miso, tahini, and almond butter until well combined. Stir in the garlic and ginger, then the lemon juice.
- Add water, a little at a time, until it reaches a thick-but-pourable consistency (~1/4+ cup). Stir in the scallions and/or cilantro, if using.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Pour over whatever hippie concoction you desire. The sauce will thicken upon standing, so just stir in a little additional water or lemon juice to loosen leftovers.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
How a Deadhead goes home
Julia Stiles gets Shakespearean again
The fate of food is not entirely bleak
My first BDSM class, after 5 dry years
2020: Will Trump step down if he loses?
Metaphysics hides in quantum mechanics
Trump's pardons dishonor the troops
America was never a Christian nation