Bob's balled melons
- A collection of watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew and any other melons you like
- Using a melon-baller, fill a large bowl with a mixture of watermelon, cantaloupe (save the cantaloupe shells), honeydew, and whatever other melons you're fond of.
- Refrigerate the melon balls while making the dressing.
Bob's balled-melon honey
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- ½-1 habanero pepper (optional, if you like things really spicy)
- 1 cup canola oil
- Three sprigs fresh mint leaves
- Place vinegar in a blender and add honey slowly with blender on medium. Add rest of ingredients except oil and mint and blend well, until sugar is dissolved.
- Slowly add oil with blender on low, thoroughly emulsifying the ingredients.
- Place melon balls in cantaloupe bowls and drizzle ball honey over melon balls. Sprinkle with chopped mint leaves.