Sweet-tart melon salad recipe
July 20, 2010 5:01AM (UTC)
Bob's balled melons
- A collection of watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew and any other melons you like
- Using a melon-baller, fill a large bowl with a mixture of watermelon, cantaloupe (save the cantaloupe shells), honeydew, and whatever other melons you're fond of.
- Refrigerate the melon balls while making the dressing.
Bob's balled-melon honey
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- ½-1 habanero pepper (optional, if you like things really spicy)
- 1 cup canola oil
- Three sprigs fresh mint leaves
- Place vinegar in a blender and add honey slowly with blender on medium. Add rest of ingredients except oil and mint and blend well, until sugar is dissolved.
- Slowly add oil with blender on low, thoroughly emulsifying the ingredients.
- Place melon balls in cantaloupe bowls and drizzle ball honey over melon balls. Sprinkle with chopped mint leaves.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
Sherri Shepherd doesn't want drama now
"Toy Story" stares into the darkness
How Trump serves Putin's interests
Smart Watch: Reality TV you can use
Trump, Barr won't ban torture of girls
Will "Avengement" make Adkins a star?
Metaphysics hides in quantum mechanics
America was never a Christian nation