Watermelon-cucumber gazpacho recipe
July 20, 2010 5:01AM (UTC)
- 1 small (about 3 pounds) seedless watermelon, cubed (about 5 cups)
- 1 small seedless cucumber, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 celery ribs, diced (about ½ cup)
- ½ small red onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded, more to taste
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- Finely cubed watermelon, cucumber, celery, red and yellow bell pepper, and red onion
- Fresh mint leaves
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Purée all ingredients in the blender until smooth, reserving some of each fruit and vegetable for garnish.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover. Refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Divide chilled gazpacho into four bowls.
- Serve garnishes alongside for your guests to customize to taste.
- Finish with a drizzle of olive oil, if desired.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
Smart Watch: Reality TV you can use
How a Deadhead goes home
"Toy Story" stares into the darkness
Is Taylor Swift the Walrus now?
Banker who loaned Trump money does well
Psychiatrist: Trump is an urgent threat
Metaphysics hides in quantum mechanics
Trump, Barr won't ban torture of girls