Thursday link dump: Subject of Daily Caller expose "banal," editor declares
Emails from Tucker, arguing with Breitbart, calling Luke Russert dumb, and Jeff Greene's yacht accident
July 23, 2010 2:45AM (UTC)
- Sharron Angle called a press conference, didn't take questions, and ran away from the press.
- The White House is upset that someone tried to smear Jim Messina by leaking his praise for the administration response to the Sherrod firing to the press.
- Will the public option come back? Maybe, in a couple decades.
How to Argue with Andrew Breitbart.
- Charlie Rangel may be unethical, but he did make fun of Luke Russert (whom he apparently did not know) today, which is all right in my book.
- Tucker Carlson says "a lot of the material on Journolist is actually pretty banal" in his editor's note on the Daily Caller series on how the material on Journolist is explosive proof of a media conspiracy. Please enjoy emails from Tucker Carlson with Foster Kamer and Ezra Klein.
- Quote of the day: "'All I'm doing is getting up, making ice cream, and going to bed,' she told the newspaper. 'That's all I do all summer. No time for radical insurgency.'"
- Lt. Dan Choi has been discharged under "don't ask, don't tell."
- "Belize: Jeff Greene's yacht tore up coral reef, with unpaid fines up to $1.87-million." Don't you feel like we could just make up Jeff Greene headlines, now? "Bermuda: Jeff Greene photographed lighting illegal Cuban cigars with hundred dollar bills with friend Charlie Sheen." "St Lucia: Jeff Greene drops Fabergé egg on baby."
Alex Pareene writes about politics for Salon and is the author of "The Rude Guide to Mitt." Email him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @pareene
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address