New Orleans barbequed shrimp recipe
July 26, 2010 3:26AM (UTC)
- 1 pound of butter (4 sticks)
- 1 tablespoon Tony Chachere’s Cajun seasoning
- List item 3
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 ounces of beer
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 2 ribs celery, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 pounds shrimp, heads and shells left on
- Melt a stick of the butter in a skillet. Saute the garlic, onions, celery, parsley, rosemary and seasoning blend for about 2-3 minutes. Melt the rest of the butter.
- Add the beer (drink the rest of it, of course).
- Add the vegetables, Worcestershire and lemon juice. Pour the butter mixture over your shrimp in a baking dish. Bake in a 350 degree oven until the shrimp turn pink, about 15 minutes.
- Serve in big bowls with plenty of the butter sauce and some good French bread to soak up the sauce. If you have a coronary, remember you died happy.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address