- In case you missed it today, the conservative American Spectator magazine published a piece by Jeffrey Lord arguing that Shirley Sherrod is a liar. Lord says Sherrod's relative Bobby Hall wasn't lynched, because he was simply beaten to death and not specifically hanged. No one really knows why this noxious bullshit was written or published. Including other Spectator contributors.
- Alvin Greene is the most-covered midterm candidate in the nation, because America loves a sick spectacle. And because of South Carolina.
- Rasmussen shows McCain up 20 points on Hayworth.
- Jeb Bush is out there raising money and plotting to rule us all.
- Daily Caller violates basic standard of journalistic ethics.
- Harold Ford wrote a book! And in this book, it looks like he occasionally writes in ALL CAPS. (It also looks like this was supposed to maybe be his campaign quickie memoir, back when he was still going to run for Senate from New York.)
- The GOP will never let this stupid New Black Panther Party thing go.
- Would the Americans with Disabilities Act pass today? Well, for one thing, I imagine Ben Nelson would refuse to vote for it until people from Nebraska also got their own parking spaces.
Monday link dump: Embracing Harold Ford
The American Spectator's bizarre Sherrod smear, McCain's poll numbers, the Alvin Greene media blitz, and Jeb
By Alex Pareene
Published July 26, 2010 11:04PM (EDT)
By Alex Pareene
Alex Pareene writes about politics for Salon and is the author of "The Rude Guide to Mitt." Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @pareeneMORE FROM Alex Pareene