Serves two soup bowls or four demitasse cups
- ¾ cup almonds, blanched preferred, but whole with skins OK
- 1 shallot
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 cups cold vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Sliced almonds or green grapes for garnish
- Toast the almonds in a skillet for a few minutes, remove from heat and let cool.
- In a food processor, purée shallot, then add toasted almonds. Blitz until finely ground. Add olive oil and bread crumbs and process until combined. With the motor running, slowly pour in vegetable broth through the feed tube. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Finish with sherry vinegar.
- Strain and serve in rimmed soup plates or demitasse cups.