Serves 4 - 6
- 3 large, ripe tomatoes, cut into rough chunks
- 8 ounces fontina, cubed
- ½ cup rough-chopped basil, plus more for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, or to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large shallow bowl, combine the tomatoes, fontina, basil, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Put this together an hour before you plan to eat and set aside at room temperature.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente. Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce. Season with salt, pepper, red wine vinegar and additional basil. Serve at once, sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.