- This is my favorite kind of Corner post: The ones that incoherently blame some private company or industry's (exaggerated or even imagined) idiocies on, somehow, liberals, political correctness, the gub'mint, etc.
- "The president is taking too many vacations!!!" stories are usually bullshit, but for the record, Obama is way behind Bush in terms of vacation days taken so far.
- David Petraeus explains his July 2011 Afghanistan "thinning out" strategy.
- Kent Conrad will not throw you a party, just send him a damn check anyway.
- David Paterson: significantly less of a corrupt asshole than Rudy Giuliani.
- Conor Friedersdorf writes a good post on the subject of conservative "elites" celebrating lying propagandists because they're on their "side." (And a followup on engaging with angry internet commenters.
- Tea Party Republicans in Louisiana hate the constitution!
- Matt Bai continues to write dispatches from a weird alternate world where analysts have to invent mystical reasons for the unpopularity of politicians at a time when 20% of the nation doesn't have a goddamn job and wages have been stagnant for 30 years.
- When it comes to the Ground Zero Mosque, I'm no bigot, I just think we should always do whatever 9/11 families want. Which means build the goddamn thing.
Wednesday link dump: Democrats ruined fried chicken
What KFC can teach us about politics, presidential vacations, Paterson vs. Giuliani, and "leaving" Afghanistan
By Alex Pareene
Published August 18, 2010 10:35PM (EDT)
By Alex Pareene
Alex Pareene writes about politics for Salon and is the author of "The Rude Guide to Mitt." Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @pareeneMORE FROM Alex Pareene