- 6 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup wheat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)
For gluten-free flour (instead of wheat flour):
- 2 tablespoons sweet white sorghum flour
- 1 tablespoon sweet rice flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum
- Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit. Butter a 6-cup casserole dish.
- Mix the peaches with the cloves, cinnamon, lemon juice and half of the brown sugar. Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Blend the remaining brown sugar, oats, flour and salt together. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until the mixture has a crumbly consistency. Add the nuts and use your fingers to work them in. Sprinkle the crumbles relatively evenly over the fruit.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until the peaches are crumbly and the crust is nicely browned.
- Serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.