- 1 ripe white peach
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or to taste, if necessary
- 3-4 tablespoons loose Oolong tea leaves
- 4 cups cold water
- Put the oolong tea leaves in a tea ball or wrap in cheesecloth to form a sachet. Or use an iced tea pitcher with a built-in strainer for leaves.
- Place tea ball or sachet into pitcher.
- Pour cold water over the tea leaves.
- Steep for 3-5 hours at room temperature.
- While tea is steeping, peel peaches and cut into chunks. Reserve a few slices for garnishing.
- Using a food processor, purée the peach chunks.
- Add sugar, if peaches are not especially sweet.
- Remove tea leaves from pitcher.
- Add peach purée and stir. The tea will be pulpy, not clear