Makes 1 pitcher
- 1 bottle vinho verde
- 2 cups ginger ale
- ½ cup Cointreau
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 lime, seeded and cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, seeded and cut into wedges
- ½ small orange, seeded and cut into wedges
- ½ cup cubed pineapple
- ½ cup cubed honeydew melon
- Place all prepared fruit into a pitcher.
- Pour the vinho verde, Cointreau and 1 cup of ginger ale over the fruit.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator overnight to allow flavors to mingle.
- Just before serving, add a sprig of mint and add with the remaining cup of ginger ale to the pitcher.
- Serve over ice, with as much of the fruit as desired. Make sure not to add ice to the pitcher directly or you'll dilute the sangria.