I like to tell people that my job requires me to read the entire Internet every day, and I only write about a minute percentage it. That means you're spared the multitudes of cute animal videos that I have to watch just to recover from writing posts about, say, gang rapes in Congo -- but it also means that plenty of worthwhile news also goes by the wayside. So, I'm bringing back link roundups, which longtime readers might remember, and hopefully all will enjoy.
- Blind people can now listen to Playboy for the articles (or the auditory descriptions of the centerfolds), thanks to a special radio broadcast.
- Chris Brown continues to masterfully manage his public image by tweeting about "hoes."
- An inquiry has been ordered into a police investigation that allowed Canadian serial killer Robert Pickton to continue murdering prostitutes, despite crucial tips from prostitutes.
- Ma Nuo, a dating show contestant, became "the Snooki of China" with these few words: "I would rather weep in a Rolls-Royce than be happy on a bicycle."
- HIV-positive Namibian women speak out about forced sterilization.
- The U.S. birthrate continues to decline. Is the recession convincing women to put a hold on reproduction?
- Prisoners in the U.K. riot and take a hostage after being banned from watching women's tennis.