Makes about 3 cups
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 green onions, mostly tops, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon Vietnamese garlic chili sauce or sriracha (or to taste) – we like lots.
- 2 cups finely diced smoked mullet (use the thick, meaty portions, not the hard-smoked ends)
- Combine the cream cheese, onion, mayo, Worcestershire, lemon zest, lemon juice, pepper and garlic chili sauce. Add the smoked mullet.
- Taste and add additional heat or lemon juice as needed for balance, and add mayonnaise as needed for consistency. You may or may not need to add salt, depending on the saltiness of the smoked mullet. Our smoked mullet is on the salty side because we prefer to use a dry rub rather than a brine.