Candy recycler blondies recipe
October 26, 2010 5:01AM (UTC)
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Halloween chocolate candy (I used 3 mini 0.5-ounce Heath bars and 11 Hershey's miniatures -- Hershey bar, Special Dark, Krackel)
- 2 tablespoons coffee grounds, for the true spirit of compost
- ¾ cup salty snacks, coarsely crushed (I used equal parts potato chips and pretzels)
- Preheat oven to 375° F and grease a 15 x 10 baking pan.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time. Beat until very well combined and light.
- Add vanilla.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients with the wet until completely combined.
- With a wooden spoon, slowly mix in your crushed Halloween candy.
- Swirl in coffee grounds.
- Very gently add the crushed chips and pretzels. Don't overstir or they'll break into crumbs.
- Spread batter evenly into the greased baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean and edges are golden.
- Cool completely before cutting.
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address