Candy recycler blondies recipe
October 26, 2010 5:01AM (UTC)
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Halloween chocolate candy (I used 3 mini 0.5-ounce Heath bars and 11 Hershey's miniatures -- Hershey bar, Special Dark, Krackel)
- 2 tablespoons coffee grounds, for the true spirit of compost
- ¾ cup salty snacks, coarsely crushed (I used equal parts potato chips and pretzels)
- Preheat oven to 375° F and grease a 15 x 10 baking pan.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time. Beat until very well combined and light.
- Add vanilla.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients with the wet until completely combined.
- With a wooden spoon, slowly mix in your crushed Halloween candy.
- Swirl in coffee grounds.
- Very gently add the crushed chips and pretzels. Don't overstir or they'll break into crumbs.
- Spread batter evenly into the greased baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean and edges are golden.
- Cool completely before cutting.
How to cover 2020 without sexism
"Game of Thrones" end was nearly perfect
None of this was supposed to happen yet
Things "Game of Thrones" did for love
Fundamentalism and brain damage linked
Democrats: Want four more years of this?
NRA could lose tax-exempt status: report
Bachmann hails "godly, biblical" Trump
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address