- 2 quarts water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 slices lemon
- 6 pears such as Bartlett or Bosc, peeled, bottoms trimmed ¼ inch
- Place all ingredients, except for pears, in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Gently place pears in liquid and reduce heat to a simmer. Let cook for 20 minutes. Remove pears from liquid and serve with chocolate sauce
- 24 Special Dark miniatures, unwrapped
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place chocolate and cream. Zap for 1 minute at 50 percent power. Remove from oven, whisk and then return to oven. Zap for 1 minute more at 50 percent power. Remove from oven, stir with whisk. Repeat in microwave if necessary, but it should be fine at this point..
- Add vanilla and pinch of salt.
- Whisk until smooth and garnish poached pears.