- A study finds that 9 percent of sexually active teenagers in New York City reported having had at least one same-sex partner.
- Amanda Hess compiles an instructional list on how to survive "the increasingly sexist and racist array of women's Halloween options."
- A gift for those who think the Kama Sutra hasn't been commercialized enough: The Snuggie Sutra.
- Bitch Magazine asks: "What would five openly queer Congresspeople mean for the community?"
- If you missed Lisa Belkin's piece in the New York Times Sunday Magazine, I suggest some catch-up: She calls for a redefinition "of the relationship between work and home, of the roles of men and women."
- Scientists explore "why no doesn't mean no to some men."
- Prostitutes who work along the highway in Catalonia are forced to wear reflective vests for their own safety.
- Moms who make less money actually suffer a greater "motherhood penalty."
Roundup: Poor moms, greater "motherhood penalty"
Also: Spanish prostitutes who work roadside are forced to wear reflective vests
October 26, 2010 5:01AM (UTC)
MORE FROM Tracy Clark-Flory • FOLLOW TracyClarkFlory • LIKE Tracy Clark-Flory
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address