Makes 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices bread
- 4 ounces good melting cheese, grated
- Butter at room temperature
- Optional: Mustard, chutney or savory jam; other fillings such as arugula, bacon, tomato, etc.
- Heat a skillet to a steady low heat.
- Butter 4 pieces of sliced bread on one side. Add optional condiment on two of these if you'd like.
- Place 2 slices in the hot pan. Cover each with grated cheese and any other ingredients you'd like, then another piece of buttered bread.
- Cook until one side is brown. Flip and heat the other side.
- Cut them any way you'd like. I prefer triangles when using standard white bread because it provides more surface crunch.