Basic grilled cheese recipe
January 18, 2011 10:01PM (UTC)
Makes 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices bread
- 4 ounces good melting cheese, grated
- Butter at room temperature
- Optional: Mustard, chutney or savory jam; other fillings such as arugula, bacon, tomato, etc.
- Heat a skillet to a steady low heat.
- Butter 4 pieces of sliced bread on one side. Add optional condiment on two of these if you'd like.
- Place 2 slices in the hot pan. Cover each with grated cheese and any other ingredients you'd like, then another piece of buttered bread.
- Cook until one side is brown. Flip and heat the other side.
- Cut them any way you'd like. I prefer triangles when using standard white bread because it provides more surface crunch.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
"Bernadette" and female creative genius
On parade at West Point 50 years later
Yes, it's time to impeach: But why?
Brian Banks, the man behind the movie
Trump reopens "longline" fishing
Why corporations can legally poison us
Limbaugh: Harris and Obama aren't black
Trump's mental state is an "emergency"