Makes 6 small sandwiches
- 12 slices fresh-baked French bread
- 2/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 green olives, pitted and chopped
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Butter, as needed
- Assemble sandwiches with olives and tomatoes buried in the middle of the two cheeses between the bread slices.
- Butter a seasoned griddle or pan and heat over medium heat. Place sandwich on pan and let brown. Add a little more butter, flip and smush with a foil-covered brick. Cook until crisp, browned and the cheese is melted.