- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon jasmine tea
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- 2-3 teaspoons grated Meyer lemon zest (or more, if your lemon yields it)
- 1 teaspoon jasmine tea
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Using a chef's knife and a rocking motion, mince the jasmine tea leaves.
- Cut the butter into small pieces. Add flour, sugar. When the mixture looks like coarse crumbs, mix in jasmine tea.
- Press the crust mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for about 15 minutes.
- While crust is baking, make the filling: mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Lightly beat the eggs, adding lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add dry ingredients from Step 6.
- As soon as the crust is golden brown, pour the filling over it and return to oven. Bake 25 minutes longer, or until the top is mostly set.
- Make the glaze: steep the jasmine tea in one cup hot water. Strain the leaves, and add the brewed tea one spoonful at a time into the powdered sugar, stirring to make a glaze consistency.
- Run a thin, sharp knife around the outer rim of the pan as lemon bars are cooling. Drizzle with glaze and cut into 16 squares.