Jasmine-scented Meyer lemon bars recipe
February 15, 2011 6:30AM (UTC)
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon jasmine tea
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- 2-3 teaspoons grated Meyer lemon zest (or more, if your lemon yields it)
- 1 teaspoon jasmine tea
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Using a chef's knife and a rocking motion, mince the jasmine tea leaves.
- Cut the butter into small pieces. Add flour, sugar. When the mixture looks like coarse crumbs, mix in jasmine tea.
- Press the crust mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for about 15 minutes.
- While crust is baking, make the filling: mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Lightly beat the eggs, adding lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add dry ingredients from Step 6.
- As soon as the crust is golden brown, pour the filling over it and return to oven. Bake 25 minutes longer, or until the top is mostly set.
- Make the glaze: steep the jasmine tea in one cup hot water. Strain the leaves, and add the brewed tea one spoonful at a time into the powdered sugar, stirring to make a glaze consistency.
- Run a thin, sharp knife around the outer rim of the pan as lemon bars are cooling. Drizzle with glaze and cut into 16 squares.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
Beto's "Starship Troopers"-esque war tax
My first BDSM class, after 5 dry years
Reparations economics 101
"The Hot Zone" has viral potential
Trump and Mitch thwart election security
Trump’s sneak attack on social security
Banker who loaned Trump money does well
Is Mitch linked to a Russian oligarch?