Boxty: Golden Irish potato pancakes recipe
March 22, 2011 4:30AM (UTC)
- 2 medium-size potatoes (Yukon Golds work well)
- 1 egg lightly beaten with a splash of buttermilk
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- 1 pinch of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- salt to taste
- butter, as needed
- Boil one potato in salted water and mash it into a bowl it fits comfortably. Let cool until warm.
- Sprinkle the flour, baking soda and baking powder on the mashed potato. Grate the other potato onto the mixture. Stir together, and season with salt to taste. Stir in egg and buttermilk.
- Shape into pancakes and fry in butter over medium-high heat, until golden brown and crisp, and grated potato is cooked.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
Paul McCartney, master of the live show
Hey, NeverTrumpers: Help or STFU
Dapper Dan: Fashion as liberation
"Nickel and Dimed" for the Amazon age
Marsha Blackburn takes one for Trump
Why won't Mitch protect the election?
Author of GOP tax bill: Who knows?
America was never a Christian nation