24-year-old Iraq War veteran Scott Olsen lays on the ground bleeding from a head wound after being struck by a by a projectile during an Occupy Wall Street protest in Oakland, Calif, last month. (AP/Jay Finneburgh)

Scott Olsen feeling "better" after Occupy clash

Marine veteran seriously injured during Oakland police raid late last month makes first public statement


Associated Press
November 15, 2011 12:20AM (UTC)

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — In his first statement since being seriously injured during a clash between Oakland police and Occupy demonstrators, Scott Olsen says he is feeling a lot better.

Olsen's plight has become a rallying cry for the Occupy Wall Street movement, with shrines set up in his honor throughout the nation.

Advertisement:

The 24-year-old Marine Corps veteran posted a statement on his Google+ account, which was verified by his roommate Keith Shannon.

Olsen, who was struck in the head on Oct. 25, said his speech is coming back but he has a lot of work to do with rehab. He was released from the hospital over the weekend.

Olsen told supporters they would hear more from him and he would see them soon in the streets.


Associated Press

MORE FROM Associated Press

Related Topics ------------------------------------------

From The Wires Occupy Wall Street

BROWSE SALON.COM
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR

Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access

Click Here
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address

•••





Fearless journalism
in your inbox every day

Sign up for our free newsletter

• • •