Despite sending out a reassuring tweet on Friday and hearing reports on Sunday that said Lil Wayne is “good, just resting,” the rapper is now entering into his sixth day in the I.C.U of Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles, reports TMZ.
TMZ first broke the news that Weezy had been admitted to the I.C.U. after suffering multiple seizures Tuesday night, and was released on Wednesday. “Sources say there’s evidence Wayne went on a Sizzurp binge after being released Wednesday, because doctors found high amounts of codeine in his system,” reported TMZ. “We’re told Wanye’s stomach was pumped 3 times to flush the drugs from his system.” MTV has noted, however, that Lil Wayne has had seizures before, writing, “The situation is similar to the reported seizure like-symptoms Weezy suffered while aboard his private jet in October. After a pair of hospital visits, the ‘No Worries’ MC appeared to be well, and in November, he admitted to MTV News correspondent Sway Calloway that he was on medication to treat his condition during an interview in which he was sweating profusely.”
But this time, TMZ has reported that his condition over the weekend was so critical that his mother came to the hospital and made decisions “including the decision to discontinue life support.” Rappers Nicki Minaj, Drake, Birdman, Chris Paul and perhaps Eminem have also visited the rapper at the hospital.