Ashton Kutcher isn't letting the delay of his Steve Jobs flick keep him down -- he's staffing up an unnamed tech company with Ivy League English majors who share "[c]reativity and taste for aesthetic beauty."
A member of a Columbia University undergraduate English major listserv passes along a recruitment email that doesn't mince words. "Ashton Kutcher is looking for a writer to join a small team of designers and engineers who are cofounding a consumer-oriented technology company."
That writer will end up writing "daily creative pieces that will form a core part of the product" as well as screening "a larger editorial team." The email on behalf of Kutcher's start-up is very optimistic: "Your writing will be a centerpiece of the company?s product [sic] and will reach millions of people."
Kutcher's previous attempt at founding a company, Katalyst, continues to develop video projects online; the actor currently appears on "Two and a Half Men" while investing in tech companies, once using the CBS sitcom to promote start-ups in which he's invested. He also has experience outsourcing writing content: his Twitter feed has been handled by employees since 2011.
We've reached out to Ashton Kutcher's publicist about the nature of the new, apparently writing-centric tech brand Kutcher is involved with, and will update if there is a response.
The full want ad is below:
Ashton Kutcher is looking for a writer to join a small team of designers and engineers who are cofounding a consumer-oriented technology company. This job will require relocating to LA, and will provide an opportunity to be a part of the tech company's founding team. Your writing will be a centerpiece of the company?s product and will reach millions of people.
A successful candidate will be an excellent and versatile writer with strong project management skills. This individual should have experience in creative descriptive writing and be capable of conducting research/curating content.
- Write daily creative pieces that will form a core part of the product
- Work closely with founders to curate content for application?s homepage
- Begin to screen and hire a larger editorial team
- 3+ years experience writing in college (English major or equivalent)
- Ability to take the initiative and complete a project, regardless of scope or complexity
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Creativity and taste for aesthetic beauty
How to apply
- Please send your resume along with samples (or links to samples) of your writing to [redacted]@gmail.com