Most selfies seen in social feeds these days seem to be hazy Instagrammed half-faces, or as the disturbing new trend seems to be, sweaty hotdog legs in exotic locales. But the new "Bookshelfie" may be just the antidote to those useless arm-angled snaps, by providing fellow bookworms with shared lists of your best-loved literature (links to Amazon included). Genius!
Here are some of the snaps submitted to the Bookshelfies Tumblr so far.
olliedthat: “I keep my books in piles, and sometimes I ollie them.”
- Winning Casino Craps by Edwin Silberstang
- Mutual Aid by Petr Kropotkin
- Slam by Nick Hornby
- Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev
- Petersburg by Andrei Bely
- Running a Bar for Dummies
- Speak, Memory by Vladimir Nabokov
- Mating by Norman Rush
- Trickster Makes This World by Lewis Hyde
- The Transit of Venus by Shirley Hazzard
- Lightning Rods by Helen DeWitt
- Wittgenstein’s Mistress by David Markson
Jiz Lee: “I loan/give away a lot of books so my shelves are sparse … but here’s my current bookshelfie (#showmeyourtitles)”:
(H/T: Business Insider)
Tell us what you would feature on your own bookshelfie ...